Blink Users and Groups
Each company using Blink has a separate account, completely isolated from all other accounts. Only Admin users can invite new users, add, and remove users from groups. Groups are used to manage groups of users, for example work teams and departments. You can attach a specific role to a group inside a workspace, thus granting access to all group members.
Users must be added to the account before they can use the Blink platform. An admin can invite a user to an account and then immediately add the user to groups and workspaces, and define a user role. As soon as the new user accepts the invitation, its workspaces, groups and roles are already set up, enabling the user to smoothly start working with the platform.
Inviting a new user
Inviting a new user from the Users and Groups screen
Click on bottom left corner > Account Settings.
In Users > Invite new user define the email address of the new user. The user will receive an email invite and once accepted, appear in the member list of the account. There are two types of users:
Admin: Can invite and delete users. Admin user also has owner permissions in all the workspaces of the account.
Member: A member of a particular account.
Inviting a new user from the homepage
- Click .
- Fill in the users email address > Invite user. The user will receive an email invite and once accepted, appear in the member list of the account.
Checking the status of a member of your account
A member can have one of the following statuses:
|User status||Description||Admin actions available|
|Active||The user has signed up to Blink.||Deactivate user, remove user or check which groups the user belongs to.|
|Inactive||The user is blocked from Blink.||Re-activate.|
|Invited||The user is invited to Blink.||Re-send or cancel the invite.|
|Invitation Expired.||The user received an invitation, failed to accept, or declined within 5 days.||Resend invite.|
The following screenshot shows Admin actions for an inactive user.
The following screenshot shows Admin actions for an invited user.
The following screenshot shows Admin actions for an active user.
Creating a new group
- Click on bottom left corner > Account Settings.
- Click Groups > + Create Group. In the dialog box, fill in the group name and description.
- Click Save.
Adding a member to a group
Adding a member from the Users tab
- Click on bottom left corner > Account Settings > Users.
- Select a user and click > User's Groups.
- In the dialog box, from the dropdown menu, select a group you wish to which you want to add the user.
- Click Add.
Adding a member from the Groups tab
- Click on bottom left corner > Account Settings > Groups.
- Select a group and click > Manage group members.
- In the dialog box, from the dropdown menu, select a member you wish to which you want to add to a group.
- Click Add.
Adding groups to a workspace
- Click > Workspaces Settings. A dialogue box opens with the details of the workspace and the option to invite a new member to your workspace.
- From the dropdown menu, select a group or type the name in the field.
- Click Add. The group is added to the workspace.
Sending an approval request to a group
When creating an approval step for an Automation, you can choose to send an approval request to a specific member or a group. When someone wants to use the Automation, a Slack request is sent to who was predefined in the Step. Only one member of the group needs to approve. See here for more details.