F5 BIG IP
F5 BIG-IP is an application delivery controller that provides a range of services to optimize application performance, security, and availability.
It offers advanced features such as traffic management, load balancing, SSL offloading, and advanced security capabilities.
F5 BIG-IP is a scalable and customizable solution that can be deployed across different environments, making it a suitable choice for organizations of various sizes and types.
Creating a F5 BIG IP connection
Using Username & password
To create the connection you need:
- An API Address.
- A Username
- A Password
The username and password are similar to the username and password which are used to log in to the instance via the GUI.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the F5 BIG IP icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Username & Password as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API Address, including the port. For example, https://126.96.36.199:8443.
- The Username
- The Password
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.