Prometheus is a software application used for event monitoring and alerting. It records real-time metrics in a time series database built using an HTTP pull model, with flexible queries and real-time alerting.
Creating a Prometheus connection
To create the connection you need:
- A username and password
- An API address
Obtaining the credentials
In Prometheus the username and passwords are stored in
web.yml file in this format
alice: <your bcrypt hash>
Follow this guide to create a username and password.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Prometheus icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appears.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Username & Password as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The username and password
- The API address
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.