The ServiceNow business model is based on providing products using SaaS cloud computing software. It involves setting up systems to define, manage, automate and structure services for companies.
Creating a ServiceNow connection
To create the connection you need:
- An instance name
- A ServiceNow username and password
- An MFA Secret Key
Obtaining the credentials
ServiceNow instance name
If your company’s ServiceNow address is
https://instance-name.service-now.com, copy "instance-name".
Username and password
The username and password are the same as used to log in to your ServiceNow instance.
MFA secret key (optional)
The paired MFA secret key used to enable MFA for the given user.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the ServiceNow icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appears.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Username & Password as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The instance name
- The username
- The password
- The MFA secret key (optional)
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.