The Rapid7 Insight Platform collects data from across your environment, making it easy for teams to manage vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate your operations.
Creating a Rapid7 connection
To create the connection you:
- A Rapid7 username and password
- A Rapid7 instance up and running
Obtaining the credentials
- The username and password is used for logging in to Rapid7's instance to create the connection with Blink.
- The API address of the instance is used to create the connection.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Rapid7 icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appears.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Username & Password as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The username
- The password
- The API address
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.