StrongDM is a proxy that manages and audits access to databases, servers, clusters, and web apps. The StrongDM network is comprised of a local client, gateway intermediary, and configuration layer.
Creating a StrongDM connection
To create the connection you need:
- A token - admin or service account
Obtaining the credentials
Log in to StrongDM.
Click the following link to create a service account token.
Click Add service.
Name your service account and click Create service account.
Copy your new secret token.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the StrongDM icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Token as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The token
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.