Cloudflare is a company that provides a content delivery network, internet security services and distributed domain name server services, sitting between the visitor and the Cloudflare user's hosting provider, acting as a reverse proxy for websites. Its services protect websites from various attacks, such as distributed denial of service (DDoS), and by ensuring the website is available by serving it from a network of global data centers. Cloudflare's services also include SSL/TLS, performance optimization, and a content distribution network.
Creating a Cloudflare connection
To create the connection you need:
- An email
- A global API key
Obtaining the credentials
Login to Cloudflare.
Navigate to API Tokens.
Under API Keys, click View on the Global API Key row.
Enter your password to unlock the secret API key.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Cloudflare icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Key as the method to make the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The account email
- The account global API key
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.