Grafana is a multi-platform open source analytics and interactive visualization web application. It provides charts, graphs, and alerts for the web when connected to supported data sources.
Creating a Grafana connection
To create the connection you need:
- A request URL
- An API key
Obtaining the credentials
Go to Grafana and click on My Account.
Click Log In.
Your request URL is the URL of the page that opens after logging in. Copy it.
Go to Configuration > API keys.
Click Add API key.
Fill in parameters:
- Name your API key
- Time to live (Leave blank for no expiration date).
Copy your created API key.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Grafana icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Key as the method to make the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The request URL
- The API key
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.