VirusTotal is an online service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs to detect types of malware and malicious content using antivirus engines and website scanners.
Creating a VirusTotal connection
To create the connection you need:
- An API key
Obtaining the credentials
Go to VirusTotal and sign up.
At the top right of the page, click API key.
Copy the API key.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the VirusTotal icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appears.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Key as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API key
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.