Shodan is a search engine that lets users search for various types of servers connected to the internet using a variety of filters.
Some have also described it as a search engine of service banners, which are metadata that the server sends back to the client.
Creating a Shodan connection
Using API Key
To create the connection you need:
- An API Key
Obtaining the credentials
To retrieve your Shodan API key, navigate to Shodan's developer page and click on Show API Key at the top right corner.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Shodan icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Key as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API Key
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.