OWASP ZAP is a widely used open-source web application security scanner and penetration testing tool. ZAP is designed to help security professionals and developers identify vulnerabilities and security issues in web applications during their development lifecycle.
Creating an OWASP ZAP connection
Using API Key
To create the connection you need:
- An API Address
- An API Key
Obtaining the credentials
In the OWASP ZAP desktop app click Tools
Copy the API Key
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the OWASP ZAP icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Key as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API Address
- The API Key
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.