Creating a Dynatrace connection
To create the connection you need:
- An API address
- An access token
Obtaining the credentials
Generating an access token
Follow the Dynatrace documentation on how to generate a personal or environment access token.
In order to run all actions on Blink, the following scopes are required:
If the token has a subset of these scopes, it can only be used for the relevant actions.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Dynatrace icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Access Token as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API address of your Dynatrace instance.
- The access token with proper scopes.
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it. The
events.readscope is required for the test connection.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.