SolarWinds Service Desk
SolarWinds Service Desk is a cloud-based IT service management (ITSM) platform that streamlines and automates IT operations for businesses of all sizes. With features such as incident management, problem management, change management, and asset management, SolarWinds Service Desk provides a centralized solution for managing IT tickets, assets, and workflows.
Creating a SolarWinds Service Desk connection
Using API token
To create the connection you need:
- An API address
- An API token
Obtaining the credentials
Log in to SolarWinds Service Desk.
Navigate to Setup > Users & Groups > Users and locate the user detail page.
From the user detail page, click Actions and select Generate JSON Web Token from the dropdown menu.
SWSD administrator rights required.
In the user detail page under JSON Web Token, click Copy.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the SolarWinds Service Desk icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select API Token as the method to create the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API address
- The API token
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.