Jenkins is an open source continuous integration/continuous delivery and deployment (CI/CD) automation software DevOps tool written in the Java programming language.
Creating a Jenkins connection
To create the connection you need:
- An API key
- An API address
Obtaining the credentials
Go to the URL of your Jenkins instance.
Go to your profile.
Under API Token click Add new Token.
Name your token and click Generate.
Copy your newly created token.
Creating your connection
- In the Blink platform, navigate to the Connections page > Add connection. A New Connection dialog box opens displaying icons of external service providers available.
- Select the Jenkins icon. A dialog box with name of the connection and connection methods appear.
- (Optional) Edit the name of the connection. At a later stage you cannot edit the name.
- Select Username & Password as the method to make the connection.
- Fill in the parameters:
- The API key
- The API address
- (Optional) Click Test Connection to test it.
- Click Create connection. The new connection appears on the Connections page.